Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Love Affair with Handbags

My Love Affair with Handbags

If the suit makes the man, then the handbag makes the lady. For centuries, women have carried a bag with them everywhere they go because there are many items we simply cannot do without. We carry our lives in our bags. We also tell a lot about ourselves by the bag we choose. Many women even coordinate their bags with every pair of shoes and every outfit. This is very common in the South. If you have ever watched "What not to Wear," you have learned that this coordination is not necessary. Your bag and shoes can complement one another without being the same color. Who knew? A handbag should always fit your lifestyle and your personality. The plethora of choices for purses makes choosing the best one very important. Choose well and everyone will know who you are by the handbag you carry.

In the movie Silence of the Lambs, remember Hannibal Lector telling Clarice that she wore nice shoes but had a cheap bag. He was telling her that she hadn't left her country roots far enough behind. After Hannibal left, I bet she bought a better handbag.

I've loved handbags since I was a little girl. I remember my mother's handbag of...


More on My Love Affair with Handbags

No comments: